Employee Spirit Month
The Strickland team does our very best to help you maximize your WorkLife efficiency and productivity by offering tools you need to get your job done. But, their are other factors that contribute to a happy WorkLife besides the perfect paper or your favorite ink pen.
March is Employee Spirit Month: here are 10 ways you can boost morale and encourage a happy, healthy working environment at your office.
- Set a good example: Stick to your word, maintain a positive attitude, and be approachable at all times.
- Let your employees know how they are doing. Congratulate and recognize them when they’ve completed a project well. Likewise, provide feedback and suggestions on how to improve if you’re disappointed in their work.
- Celebrate special milestones, events, and accomplishments in the lives of your employees: birthdays, engagements, weddings, births, and anniversaries.
- Listen to your employees. Paying close attention to their needs, issues and personal stories shows respect, support, and trust.
- Communicate clearly, frequently and in person. This ensures everyone is on the same page and keeps your employees in the loop as much as possible.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. Encourage your employees to try innovative, risky ideas, take on new responsibilities, and share their own advice.
- Give them plenty of room to grow. Encourage your employees to attend training seminars, conferences and other developmental opportunities to help them evolve within your company.
- Offer incentives for a job well done. This could be anything from a free lunch to a half-day on Friday for meeting an important deadline.
- Encourage a good work-life balance. Be open and flexible. Encourage breaks throughout the day so your employees don’t feel overwhelmed and overworked.
- Have fun! Make team-building events, community service projects, themed parties or after-work get-togethers a regular part of your schedule.