22 Work-Appropriate Halloween Costumes
Even if your workplace is cool with Halloween costumes, it can become a little tricky to find something totally work-appropriate. A face full of fake blood or dressed head-to-toe as a wedge of cheese might be sort of distracting at that 3pm board meeting. If you’re struggling to come up with a Halloween idea that’s both creative and SFW, these costumes are sure to do the trick.
1. Vampire: Forget the gory makeup and blood capsules — all you need is a large cape, widow’s peak, teeth and some black lipstick. (via Brit + Co)
2. Bat: Keeping the costume minimal for the workplace is always a good idea. They’re probably still expecting you to get stuff done, after all. All this costume calls for is an all-black ensemble with a sewn-in cape. (via Again We Say Rejoice)
3. Aquarium: Hey, moms-to-be, get a little creative this year and head to the office as an aquarium. The costume itself is super easy to make, so you can get back to the important things, like, you know, growing a tiny human. (via Brit + Co)
4. Awkward School Photo: Halloween doesn’t fall on a #TBT this year, but you can still take a stroll down awkward memory lane as a throwback version of yourself. (via Jessica Hische)
6. Cruella de Vil: Channel this classic Disney villain with an oversized coat, red vintage flats and some seriously wicked eye makeup. (via @101dal__)
7. Catwoman: This HR-approved ensemble is tame but fierce. Okay, maybe (definitely) leave the whip at home. (via Brit + Co)
8. Ice Cream Cone: Head to the thrift store for a white dress (think: lots of tulle), add the sprinkles and a cone hat and voila! This is kind of the cutest costume ever, and it’s totally perfect for the office. (via Treasures and Travels)
9. Purrfect Black Cat: Cats are always a safe option for the workplace, and this costume is way better than just a couple of painted on whiskers and a tail. Pick your favorite statement necklace and jazz up this Halloween costume staple. (via Brit + Co)
10. Kate Middleton: This spot-on interpretation of Princess Kate is a great choice for the workplace. And there are tons of A+ Princess Kate looks to inspire. (via @awesomejaymee)
11. Pink Sugar Cookie: If you haven’t tried these sugary angels yet, you’d better head to the store ASAP. They’re totally worthy of their own (office-safe) Halloween costume. (via A Joyful Riot)
12. Dorothy, The Wizard Of Oz: If you have a pet-friendly office, we highly encourage you to bring your own Toto to work. (via The Joy Of Fashion)
13. Mary-Kate and Ashley: These costumes call for a serious dive into your local vintage store. (via Brit + Co)
14. Mime: This Halloween, put your striped shirt and black denim to good use. The best part? You have an excuse not to talk to that co-worker who you kind of can’t stand. (via Brit + Co)
15. Queen Of Hearts: This makeup look calls for items that are probably already in your makeup bag. Just grab a deck of playing cards and get snipping! (via Brit + Co)
16. Hamburglar: With this costume, you’ll definitely be asked to head out on the office takeout run for lunch. (via What I Wore)
17. Rosie the Riveter: This timeless tough girl always makes for a great costume. (via Brit + Co)
18. Fred Flinstone: Just put some shoes on, please.
19. Bill Lumbergh: Yeah, that’d be great.
20. Where’s Waldo: Perfect for hipster Tim in IT.
21. Forrest Gump
22. Wayne’s World
What will you be for Office Halloween? Share your pictures with us on our Facebook Page.